Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Could it be?

No dice on the affirmation. I haven't even written them yet. I stay up late and wake up late. Now that I'm up I think I'll do that, write them I mean.

Other news: NASM cert and study material are $600. Technician's bundle with Testout is $1000. I can probably make some side money writing shorts and (if I ever get out there) bar-tending. So I have some, I think, reachable goals.

I'd like to take a minute to reflect on my PA work this past Saturday. It's the 2nd experience I've had working for a story . . .

I don't know enough about this feeling to explain it. I didn't do all that much. We were out there all day from 7am to about 8:30pm. I helped move things, I held a light reflector, secured a dolly from the building and kept people at bay during camera roll. I ate with the actors and bugged sound and makeup a little. I got to watch shots on a monitor as the actors worked. I brought up fruit and water. I also brought shoes and my feet hurt but we were on the roof and I caught a view that was wonderful.

I was being fulfilled and I wasn't even directing.

People can make the most or the least of experiences but some of us are attuned to things and we don't really appreciate what that means because life is a lot about compromise. I didn't get payed and I can't always go this route. But while I can, I will. I won't comrpomise, not even for extra cash. I know where I belong, and it's creating something and sharing it.

But I want to withhold this opportunity and it's up to me to protect it. I need to make money in order to get those two certs so I can begin building small side business that keep me flexible. And before using up money and leaving myself without anything I need a savings, and before I get a savings going I have one last immediate debt to payoff to some family. While doing this I need to stay writing and working out. I suppose I have my goals in place. It's nice to not be working and have something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment